5/22/11

(Lil') Monster of a Birthday

When I was first asked to make a Lil' Monster themed birthday cake, I was confused. What is this little monster? Is it a TV show? Is it part of a childrens' storybook? I like to do research to make sure I get an accurate depiction of any requested characters but all I got was a picture of the cake the client wanted me to replicate with a few requested changes. Most of the monsters on the cake photo that was e-mailed to me were easy to reproduce... the others were fun to create.

I hand-cut these "flat" little monsters from fondant a few days before I made the cake.

I also formed these fondant cupcake toppers to match Lil' Monster themed lollipops that the client purchased.

Two dozen Vanilla and Red Velvet cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and fondant decorations.

Two tiered double layer cake with colorful Lil' Monsters and polka dots. I used the Cricut Cake Machine to cut the birthday boy's name.

Lil' Monster cupcakes with the cupcake tower.

Birthday cake with the smash cake and cupcake tower in the background. [Photo taken with my cellphone camera]
Another photo from my phone... the buttercream smash cake with colorful fondant polka dots.


Happy Birthday Nicholas!! Hope you had a [scary Lil' Monster] good time!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun collection of party cookies and cupcakes. I love the bright colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute. The theme is really adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this monster cake! So cute! Thank you for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete