11/3/11

All In! Poker Cake

A good friend from my college sorority wanted something to celebrate the birthday of her [then] boyfriend [now very-soon-to-be-married fiancé]. He was a big fan of my Guinness Cake but is not a big Guinness drinker so she requested a small poker cake instead.


I believe it was a chocolate 10" round double layer cake but I am certain that I covered it in Satin Ice chocolate fondant. I only remember that part because it was my first time working with flavored fondant and it was so delicious! Just like a big ole tootsie roll! [Of course I had to have a taste]


I made the poker "table" [the green part] a few days in advance and placed it on the freshly iced cake. The poker chips and cards were hand cut from fondant and I used edible ink markers to fill in the denominations and the card suits.


The happy couple were certainly "all in" as they celebrated with close friends and family.
I can't wait to share all their future celebrations!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!. betpt

    ReplyDelete